Friday's social attendees please note: we've changed the arrangements slightly because you've made this such a popular event, having a takeaway isn't really viable. Instead we're having a DIY buffet and we're asking you to bring what you'd like to drink plus a ready-to-eat savoury contribution to the feast. Helen will be providing garlic bread, puds (be prepared for a vat of lemon mousse courtesy of Helen's mum)... and... [birthday] cake. There's plenty of supermarkets in Malvern (Helen will be providing details shortly), OR there'll be local food stalls in the show with plenty of tempting wares to provide you with your contribution.
I'll put a link to this post in the sidebar under Malvern Links so you can find it again more easily. NB the showground is open 9am-6pm. I suggest we meet up at 10am on each day. This will allow you time to get your bearings and come and find us. I'll have free wi-fi passes to hand out for anyone wanting to do a short blog directly from the show, plus a little something else for you all - more on that in a later post :) A few days before the show I'll email you all with a map of the showground, so you can see where we'll be.
Helen and I want us to have a good blend of meeting up and exploring the show each day as there's so much to see. Our meet area will always be there for you to come and go from as you please. Helen and/or I are planning to be there at 12.30 and 3pm each day (as well as 10am), so there will be a few times during the day when someone is guaranteed to be there.
Also Note - The Malvern Show people are inviting us to enter a Bloggers' Photography competition - details to follow in a later post...
A post on Hints and Tips for getting the best out of the show is planned for this Friday.
Thursday 6th May
- Daytime - at the show, where else? :) Highlights include the judges doing their stuff re the awarding of medals, there'll be the bestest selection of plants and the Chris Beardshaw Mentorship will be awarded to one lucky designer.
- Evening - pub meal at The Malvern Hills Hotel @ 7.30 for 8pm. The car park opposite the hotel is for British Camp, so there's an opportunity for a walk on the hills beforehand if you want to. Helen has booked a table in the restaurant area for the people I have tomorrow's list.
Friday 7th May
- Daytime - at the show. The live debut of Three Men Went to Mow beckons and this is the day of the Royal Visit. For those of you wanting to see the royal visage, have a word with Claire at the Anniversary Show Garden: she's bound to know the time she's not allowed to wander away!
- Evening - informal gathering at Helen's house @ 7pm. Details of how to get to Helen's house and parking will be given out at the show. See earlier for details of the buffet arrangements. If you can squeeze in a cushion into your luggage/car (allowing for the fact you'll be stuffing it with plants later) that'll be most helpful as it's looking like seating will be at a premium.
Saturday 8th May
- Daytime - at the show - similar programme to yesterday sans the Royal Visit OR...
- Johnstone Tours - for those people staying at Malvern for a few days, Helen has devised a fantastic day tour of the local area to include a Harry Potter film location, a typical market town, black & white architecture, plus visits to Hampton Court and Stockton Bury gardens. Helen already has a car full (Ewa, Frances, Gail and Yolanda), so we need to see if there are any further takers for this and what extra transportation is available. Let me know if you're interested ASAP. Start time and venue to be decided once we know who's likely to be coming. Details will be added to this post later.
- Evening - Helen's booked a table for 20 at Ask @ 8pm. The usual pizza and pasta fare, but pretty good nevertheless. We currently have four places spare, so if your name's not on tomorrow's list and you'd like to join us, do let me know. First come, first served.
- This isn't an official bloggers' meet up day and I believe only Michelle W is planning to be there today as part of her attendance marathon. Helen might be going with her mum, but probably really deserves to have a flop day! NB the plant sell off starts at 4pm. You can usually reserve plants at some of the exhibitors' stands and show gardens from around 2pm onwards and collect your booty when the sell off commences (note to self: put this in the hints and tips too...)